Monday, April 4, 2016

I WILL CONTINUE TO TRY BECAUSE AS ELDER HOLLAND SAID, "AT LEAST IN HIS GOSPEL YOU GET CREDIT FOR TRYING."

So, this is us in third world country helping a poor old woman build her house.
We shoveled sand out of a river for a few hours to make bricks. 

Guess what! Kennedy came to General Conference! He said he really liked it, and he was going to go home and reflect on what they talked about. Which, by the way, did you notice every talk was about temples and family? This conference was just amazing! After the second Sunday session, I couldn't believe it was over, and Elder Holland's talk almost made me cry, but I didn't want to cry in front of everyone, aha. It was an amazing spiritual refresher, though. It kind of reminded me why I'm out here, in a way. There is this cheesy Mormon quote that defines a missionary as "someone who leaves his family for a short time so that other families can be together forever." But, honestly, that's as true as a cheesy quote can be. A lot of the time, as missionaries, we get caught up in "how many lessions did we teach this week?" and "when is my next baptism?" We forget that our goal is to convert people, not to recruit more church members but to show people a true way to be with their families forever and be happy. Although that can be hard sometimes because family values are kind of different here. But, I will continue to try because as Elder Holland said, "... at least in His Gospel you get credit for trying." Oh, and I did not even see Alec! But Elder T texted me during conference from St. Vincent, "Hey boy! Did you see your bro in the choir?!" and I thought it was like a joke or something, aha! I still think it's hilarious that Elder T recognized him!


Chase the Elder Mikesell

This is from Brian's wedding! Elder T sent me pictures from St. Vincent.

This is from Brian's baptism! Elder T sent me pictures from St. Vincent.

These are typical homes here in St. Lucia. 

These are typical homes here in St. Lucia. 

Me opening my package! Thhhhaaaannnkkk Yoooooouuuuuu!

This is me and Patrice! Sweet lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment