Tuesday, February 23, 2016

CLIMBING COCONUT TREES, HAVING FAMILY HOME EVENING LESSONS ON THE BEACH AT SUNSET... IT'S A ROUGH LIFE.

Getting some coconuts!

Hey, so I'm emailing on Tuesday this week because yesterday was St. Lucia's Independence Day, and everything was closed. Aha.

So... my week was great. Kennedy missed church which was a bummer, but he wants us to start teaching the rest of his family now, too. The gospel is meant to bless families, so I'm pretty excited about that. We did find out, however, that he's not married to his girlfriend, so there's another thing we have to work on, but that's what I'm here fore, to help others prepare for baptism. (:

Megan is doing well. We had a family home evening with her and some friends and family on the beach. We waited to see the sun set and roasted marshmallows over a beach fire while Elder Miller and I taught a lesson. (: Good times. Patrice has been doing good, but her biggest problem is the Word of Wisdom... in every possible way... coffee, tea, rum, weed, tobacco, you name it. It was pretty surprising, but she told us she was just going to stop to be baptized. Pray for her and hope for the best. (:

Other than that, President Harrington is coming this week for Zone Conference, transfer calls are in two weeks (though I think I'm staying) and everything is still going super. (:

In other news, I found a pretty nice Canon camera. It works well and everything... I'll start sending more pictures again now (;

Love,

Elder Chase Mikesell

Me and my crew hangin' out with Randy (a member) on the beach resort where he works (:

No comments:

Post a Comment