Monday, February 8, 2016

TRANSFERRED TO THE ISLAND OF ST. LUCIA, LIVING IN VIEW FORT, WORKING WITH A FEW INVESTIGATORS

I'm so tired, so hopefully this email will still make sense! I just didn't sleep well last night, but anywaysss! I'm in St. Lucia... It's like St. Vincent but with more money. Still a pretty poor country though. They speak "patiwa" here. I don't really know how to spell it, but it's kind of like French. But everyone else also speaks English... kind of... really broken English depending on how educated they are. Where I'm living (Vieux Fort) is kind of ghetto, but it's okay.

My week has been busy but nice. (: My new companion is Elder Miller. We're helping this guy named Kennedy give up smoking (: He's like 45 years old, and he says he's always wanted to quit but never really had the motivation or reason to until he started meeting with us and learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ. (: So, that was nice. We're still working with him, but I'll let you know how it goes. Just keep him in your prayers please. We also have Megan. She's a 16 year old girl. She has a friend named Shanika who is a member. She's pretty sweet. She's supposed to get baptized on March 5th. She knows the gospel is true. We are also teaching a lady named Patrice. She's 40, wants to get baptized and comes to church. We just want to make sure she understands everything a little better. I love helping and meeting and teaching these people.

Sorry for the short and lame emails. We have some serious computer problems.

Sounds like the home front is doing good, though! Love you!

Chase the Elder of the Mike to the Sell


No comments:

Post a Comment