Monday, November 2, 2015

CELEBRATING ST. VINCENT'S INDEPENDENCE DAY, CLIMBING A COCONUT TREE & GETTING TRANSFERRED TO KINGSTOWN


Halloween was fun, and by fun, I mean a normal day... except we were fasting, aha. I know no one in the states did a 24 hour fast, though, aha, Halloween would make that impossible. Elder Merrell and I are doing well. We got transfer calls! I'm going down to Kingstown to be the new zone leader's companion. So, I will be driving now. (Pray for me. They drive crazy here...) My new companion is Elder Tulikahakau, aha, or Elder T as we call him. He is from Tonga. I already know him because he's in our tiny zone. He's pretty chill. Elder Merrell is going to Grenada. Oh, I don't know if I ever told you. I can only go to 5 islands in the mission: St. Vincent, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Grenada, and Barbados. The others are french speaking, so yeah.

This week has been good. Last Tuesday was St. Vincent's Independence day, so we kind of got to have fun all day, which was nice. We had a picnic at this beach park place, played cricket (which is big here), played football (or soccer), and all that good stuff. (: I even climbed a coconut tree! Other than that, this week has been quite busy. Oh, we also met this lady named Monica last week. She's about 40 and has lived here her whole life, but she suffered from a stroke about 2 years ago and can't really control the right side of her body anymore and has trouble speaking so Elder Merrell and I have been over there a lot teacher her and helping her around her house. She has a 20 year old son that usually helps her do things, but he's been really busy with work. He's helping to build the International Airport here. We've been doing that and a whole lot of other stuff, but now that I'm being moved, I won't see her or any of my other investigators anymore... but I'm sure the Sisters who are taking our area will do great. aha.

Keep letting me know how things are going at home. I love y'all.

Lots of Love,

Elder Mikesell IV

Selfie on the beach.


Elder Merrell and I on the beach expressing our comp unity.


Me and one of my favorite children. (: She is the daughter of Brother and Sister McDowell.
A less active family in our ward that we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment